One of the main objectives of the Flanders Marine Data and Information Centre is to document and archive the data of the Flemish marine scientists. The description of a dataset, or metadata is an essential part of information on order to reuse and understand scientific data. If you want to document and submit your dataset to the data centre, you can make use of the dataset submission form. This online tool allows an easy and straightforward online description of your dataset.
Through the MDA or Marine Data Archive scientists, research groups and project partners can archive their data files online in an external archive. Each file in the MDA can be saved, together with the metadata describing the technical details of the file. Access to the data files can be shared amongst different users, for example all partners of a project, and user rights are managed through an account based registration procedure. For direct access to the MDA, please contact email@example.com.
Your data can also be shared online with other interested parties, of course in agreement with the data policy of the data owners. This can be done by making your data files downloadable, or by integrating your data in large thematic online databases. A few examples of these integrated systems:
- Integrate your biological and physicochemical data of the Scheldt Estuary in the Scheldt data portal
- Integrate your biological and physicochemical data of the BCS in IMERS
- Integrate your marine species distribution data of Europe in EurOBIS
- Integrate your taxonomic data of marine species in WoRMS
- Information on marine expertise can be added to the IMIS database.
- Publicaties can be added to the Open Marine Archive (OMA).
- Images and pictures can be added to the photo gallery.
For more information on data submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on our data policy click here.