Board of Directors
VLIZ is administered by the Board of Directors, composed of 14 members, deciding on all matters not expressly reserved for the General Assembly. The Board of Directors is convened at least twice a year at the invitation of the chairman.
In accordance with the articles of association, two mandates in the Board of Directors are reserved for representatives of the province of West Flanders and eight mandates are reserved for representatives of the Flemish government. The Board of Directors is assisted by an executive committee and establishes several committees internally.
The tasks and operation of the Board of Directors as well as the appointment and qualifications of its members can be found in the VLIZ Good Governance Charter.
The Board of Directors is currently composed as follows:
- Carl Decaluwé, governor of West Flanders, is the chairman.
- The eight members nominated by the Flemish government are:
- Colin Janssen, Ghent University, vice-chairman
- Paul Breyne, honorary governor
- Nathalie Balcaen, Cabinet of Minister for Mobility and Public Works
- Jean Berlamont, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Ilse Hoet, Department of Mobility and Public Works
- Romina Vanhooren, Cabinet of State Secretary for the North Sea
- Ann Vanreusel, Ghent University
- Hendrik Wallijn, director of Partool
- The two members nominated by the province of West Flanders are:
- Guido Decorte, member of the Provincial Executive (secretary)
- Anthony Dumarey, member of the Provincial Council
- The three other members are:
- The government commissioners are:
- Attend the meetings: