|More:|| Participants | URL |
Period: 2009-11-02 - 2009-11-06
Location: Stralsund, Germany
|| Top | URL |
- German federal agency for nature conservation (BfN), more, organiser
- German Oceanographic Museum, more, partner
- German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), more, sponsor
The conference covers current marine nature conservation issues in Europe aimed at a wide range of participants such as policy makers, conservation managers, scientists and inter- and non-governmental organizations. This 2nd conference is the continuation of the successful initial conference in 2006 and offers a regular international forum for in-depth discussion of new and emerging issues in this field.
Attendance is limited to 250 participants.
Invited presentations of scientists, conservation managers, policy makers, IGOs and NGOs will focus on:
- Reviewing the current status of the implementation of European marine protected area networks with regard to the 2010 marine conservation aims;
- Assessing progress, success and problems encountered in the management of anthropogenic impacts and climate change;
- Discussing the necessary first steps towards meeting the biodiversity aims of the new European Marine Strategy Directive.