|More:|| Participants | URL |
Period: 2009-05-07 - 2009-05-08
Location: University of Antwerp, Belgium
|| Top | URL |
- Gemeentelijk Havenbedrijf Antwerpen (GHA), more, organiser
- Universiteit Antwerpen; Faculteit Toegepaste Economische Wetenschappen; Departement Transport en Ruimtelijke Economie (TPR), more, organiser
SIG-2 was established in 1989 at the Yokohama WCTR. Since then, the SIG had a most distinct presence in all WCTRS conferences. SIG-2 is dedicated to create a network of people involved in maritime and port activities, including academic and industry researchers, policy makers and operators.
Its targets are the following:
- Promote the exchange of ideas, methodologies, and results of maritime and port research through conferences, symposia, and regional meetings;
- Promote healthy interaction among academics, government and private sector researchers, industry executives, and policymakers on important policy, strategy, operations, and technology issues affecting maritime transport and ports;
- Organize and coordinate maritime and port sessions at the WCTRS conferences;
- Develop maritime and port research capabilities for projects of international scale requiring multidisciplinary cooperation;
- Establish good practice in the evaluation of policy instruments;
In the Antwerp conference of 1998, SIG-2 had the largest single presence, with about 60 papers distributed in 14 sessions throughout the week. People joining the SIG-2 activities of the WCTRS have developed over the years strong research links. After a period of limited activity, the Council of the WCTRS decided to re-activate SIG-2.