|SBAE is an advanced biotech company specialized in the enabling of industrial production of microalgae.
SBAE has a unique expertise in selecting, cultivating and treating microalgae.
The company employs approximately 20 people, of which several have PhD levels in Biology / Biotechnology, forming a world class algae specialist team.
The R&D-team was able to convert its in-depth knowledge into large scale algae production techniques. SBAE developed and patented its own production platforms.
The Company's strategy is based on two main axes:
* Production of high quality algae at the lowest production cost. Presently SBAE has its focus on the aquaculture market and the microalgae business can be expanded to other markets.
* Technology transfer for the construction of large scale algae farms(e.g. biofuel production plants).
The algae technology developed by SBAE can be used in several sectors such as:
* Aquaculture Nutraceuticals
* Waste water treatment
* Renewable energy
* Animal Feed
* Fine Chemicals
SBAE developed and patented two main technologies for the industrial production of microalgae, AlgaForce and DiaForce.
No matter what production system is used, the cultivation of algae relies heavily on the knowledge of algae populations and the creation of the right environment.
|| Top |
( 2 peer reviewed ) split up filter
- Casteleyn, G.; Evans, K.M.; Backeljau, T.; D'hondt, S.; Chepurnov, V.; Sabbe, K.; Vyverman, W. (2009). Lack of population genetic structuring in the marine planktonic diatom Pseudo-nitzschia pungens (Bacillariophyceae) in a heterogeneous area in the Southern Bight of the North Sea. Mar. Biol. (Berl.) 156(6): 1149-1158. dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00227-009-1157-6, more
- Chepurnov, V.A.; Mann, D.G.; von Dassow, P.; Vanormelingen, P.; Gillard, J.; Inzé, D.; Sabbe, K.; Vyverman, W. (2008). In search of new tractable diatoms for experimental biology. BioEssays 30(7): 692-702. hdl.handle.net/10.1002/bies.20773, more