Parent institute: Dredging, Environmental & Marine Engineering NV (DEME), more|
Tel.: +32-(0)3-25 05 211
Fax: +32-(0)3-25 05 650
|DBE is a specialized company that focuses on research and development of “blue energy” generated from waves, tidal movements and tidal currents, via electro-osmosis or biomass harvested from seaweed and algae or in general from water.
DBE plays a pioneering part in the development of so called WEC’s (Wave Energy Converters) and TEC’s (Tidal Energy Converters). The company offers a full services package including :
- The promotion and the development of relevant projects
- Partnership in ad hoc Special Purpose Companies (SPC) that design, develop, implement, construct and operate blue energy technology
- Support in project financing for blue-energy projects
- Facilitation of the construction of projects via participation in companies that construct at sea, in rivers, canals, installations that produce or transport energy
- Exploitation of blue energy projects
- Maintenance of marine and fluvial installations
For its actions as developer and/or contractor for blue energy initiatives, DBE relies on the support and resources of the DEME-Group (Dredging, Environmental and Marine Engineering). DEME has developed within its own Group of companies a unique pool of multidisciplinary expertise. This string of strengths has allowed DEME to make a substantial contribution to the development of systems and structures for the generation of renewable energy at sea.
|| Top |
- FlanSea: Flanders Electicity from the Sea, more