Parent institute: Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Bio-ingenieurswetenschappen; Vakgroep Toegepaste Analytische en Fysische Chemie (UGent), more|
Coupure Links 653
|The Particle and Interfacial Technology group focuses on various physico-chemical aspects of dispersions and solutions, such as:
- Formulation of colloidal dispersions, such as (double) emulsions, (nano)suspensions and liposomal dispersions;
- Removal of solutes from aqueous streams using advanced membrane processes, such as RO, FO, ED, etc.;
- Determination of particle size and surface charge characteristics;
- Determination of membrane surface charge and wettability characteristics;
- Physico-chemical treatment processes of water streams.
The marine research focuses on the development and optimization of a novel hybrid membrane process for energy-efficient seawater desalination.
|| Top | Persons |
( 3 peer reviewed ) split up filter
- Blandin, G.; Verliefde, A.R.D.; Tang, C.; Le-Clech, P. (2015). Opportunities to reach economic sustainability in forward osmosis-reverse osmosis hybrids for seawater desalination. Desalination 363: 26-36. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2014.12.011, more
- Blandin, G.; Verliefde, A.R.D.; Le-Clech, P. (2015). Pressure enhanced fouling and adapted anti-fouling strategy in pressure assisted osmosis (PAO). J. Membr. Sci. 493: 557-567. hdl.handle.net/10.1016/j.memsci.2015.07.014, more
- Li, Y; Krantz, B; Cornelissen, R; Post, W; Verliefde, A.R.D.; Tang, Y (2013). A novel hybrid process of reverse electrodialysis and reverse osmosis for low energy seawater desalination and brine management. Appl. Energy 104: 592-602. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2012.11.064, more
- Vanoppen, M.; Criel, E.; Andersen, S.; Prévoteau, A.; Verliefde, A.R.D. (2016). Assisted reverse electrodialysis: a novel technique to decrease reverse osmosis energy demand, in: AMTA/AWWA membrane technology conference: papers. pp. 1-12, more
- Abbasi, H.; Verliefde, A.; Agh, N.; Atashbar, B. (2013). Evaluation of ion exchange capacity of acid activated, thermally treated Iranian Na-bentonite as a cheap alternative for ammonium removal in aquaculture farms of Iran and comparison with H-zeolite synthesis, in: Mees, J. et al. (Ed.) Book of abstracts – VLIZ Young Marine Scientists' Day. Brugge, Belgium, 15 February 2013. VLIZ Special Publication, 63: pp. 8, more