English name: Center for Environmental sanitation|
Parent institute: Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Bio-ingenieurswetenschappen; Vakgroep Toegepaste Ecologie en Milieubiologie (UGent), more
Jozef Plateaustraat 22
Tel.: +32-(0)9-264 37 71
Fax: +32-(0)9-264 37 72
|| Top |
- Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Bio-ingenieurswetenschappen; Vakgroep Toegepaste ecologie en milieubiologie; Centrum voor Milieusanering; Master in Milieusanering (UGent), more
|The general objective of the study programme is the education of environmental specialists with ample knowledge of (1) the concepts and issues associated with environmental pollution, (2) the detection and quantification of environmental contamination, (3) the possible impact of environmental pollutants on the ecosystems and biota, together with the current techniques for risk assessment, and (4) the available technologies for the prevention and remediation of environmental pollution and the way they are designed and applied in practice.
The study programme is structured around the following topics:
- the study of non-polluted environments;
- sources and causes of environmental pollution;
- the methodology for the detection and analysis of environmental pollution;
- environmental toxicology and risk assessment, both in the eco-toxicological and human toxicological field;
- the prevention and sanitation of environmental pollution;
- the treatment of waste.