Greek name: Εργαστήριο Οικολογίας Φυτών|
Parent institute: University of Patras; Department of Biology (UP-DB), more
Thesaurus terms (7) : Aquatic macrophytes; Bioindicators; Conservation management; Ecological diversity; Hydrobiology; Vegetation; Wetlands
26 500 Patra
Tel.: +30-(0)2610-99 76 03
Fax: +30-(0)2610-96 92 45
|The research activities on Plant ecology and ecosystems management of the Department of Biology, University of Patras include:
• Plant diversity, vegetation structure and dynamics of coastal zone ecosystems (delta areas, coastal wetlands
• Conservation studies on species and habitat types of community importance.
• Monitoring water quality using plant species as bioindicators.
• Management plans for protected areas in Greece
• Supports the efforts of the European Union and the Greek government to establish and operate the European protected areas network (Natura 2000).