P.O.Box 1046 Kasesart Post Office
Tel.: +66-(0)29-40 63 26
Fax: +66-(0)29-40 63 36
|| Top | Publications |
- Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center; Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC), more
|he Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC) is an autonomous intergovernmental body established as a regional treaty organization in 1967 to promote fisheries development in Southeast Asia. SEAFDEC aims speSEAFDEC Council Meetingcifically to develop the fishery potentials in the region through training, research and information services to improve the food supply by rational utilization and development of the fisheries resources. Its services cover the broad areas of fishing gear technology, marine engineering, fishing ground surveys and stock assessment, post-harvest technology as well as development and improvement of aquaculture techniques. SEAFDEC is currently made up of 11 Member Countries, namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam; and has the Council of Directors, composed of nominees from Member Countries, as policy-making body to provide directives and guidance on activities of the Center.
The Center has a Secretariat as its administrative arm, and four technical Departments, namely the Training Department (TD) in Thailand, the Marine Fisheries Research Department (MFRD) in Singapore, the Aquaculture Department (AQD) in the Philippines, and the Marine Fishery Resources Development and Management Department (MFRDMD) in Malaysia.
The chief administrator of SEAFDEC is the Secretary-General whose various responsibilities are directed towards the unification of the activities of the four Departments. In ensuring effective implementation of SEAFDEC program of activities in close coordination with the Member Countries, each country also nominates a National Coordinator to coordinate issues and activities with SEAFDEC and within the country as well.
|| Top | Institute |
split up filter
- (2002). SEAFDEC annual report 2001. SEAFDEC: Bangkok. ISBN 974-9509-04-8. VII, 69 pp., more
- (2001). SEAFDEC annual report 2000. Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center: Bangkok. ISBN 1513-8747. 93 pp., more
- Baliao, D.D.; De Los Santos, M.A.; Franco, N.M. (1999). Pen culture of mudcrab in mangroves. Aquaculture Extension Manual, 26. SEAFDEC: Tigbauan. ISBN 971-8511-37-7. 10 pp., more
- Baliao, D.D.; De Los Santos, M.A.; Rodriguez, E.M.; Ticar, R.B. (1998). Grouper culture in brackishwater ponds. Aquaculture Extension Manual, 24. SEAFDEC: Tigbauan. 17 pp., more
- Santiago, C.B.; Coloso, R.M.; Millamena, O.M.; Borlongan, I.G. (Ed.) (1996). Feeds for small-scale aquaculture, proceedings of the national seminar-workshop on fish nutrition and feeds, Tigbauan, Iloilo, Philippines, 1-2 June 1994. SEAFDEC: Iloilo. 144 pp., more
- (1988). Directory of brackishwater aquaculture scientists. SEAFDEC: Tigbauan. ISBN 971-8511-16-4. 82 pp., more
- Juario, J.V.; Benitez, L.V. (Ed.) (1988). Perspectives in aquaculture development in Southeast Asia and Japan, contributions of the SEAFDEC aquaculture department, proceedings of the seminar on aquaculture development in Southeast Asia, Iloilo City, Philippines, 8-12 September 1987. SEAFDEC: Iloilo. ISBN 971-8511-13-x. 316 pp., more
- Juario, J.V.; Duray, M.N. (1983). A guide to induced spawning and larval rearing of Milkfish Chanos chanos (Forsskal). Technical Report. Aquaculture Departement, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC)/International Development Research Centre, 10. IDRC/SEAFDEC: Iloilo City. 27 pp., more
- Villaluz, A.C.; Villaver, W.R.; Salde, R.J. (1982). Milkfish fry and fingerling industry of the Philippines: methods and practices. Technical Report. Aquaculture Departement, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC)/International Development Research Centre, 9. IDRC/SEAFDEC: Iloilo City. 84 pp., more
- Platon, R.R. (1978). Design, operation and economics of a small-scale hatchery for the larval rearing of sugpo, Penaeus monodon Fab. Aquaculture Extension Manual, 1. SEAFDEC: Tigbauan. 30 pp., more
- Primavera, J.H.; Apud, F.D. (1977). Manual of operations: sugpo pond culture. Aquaculture Extension Manual, 2. SEAFDEC: Tigbauan. 18 pp., more
- Aquaculture Extension Manual. SEAFDEC: Tigbauan, more
- Technical Report. Aquaculture Departement, Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC)/International Development Research Centre. IDRC/SEAFDEC: Tigbauan, Iloilo. ISSN 0115-4710, more