|| Institutes |
Parent project: Impulsprogramme "Marine Sciences", more|
Reference no: MS/B/12
Period: October 1992 till March 1997
|| Top |
- Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Rechtsgeleerdheid; Vakgroep Internationaal Publiekrecht; Maritiem Instituut, more
- Belgian Science Policy (BELSPO), more, sponsor
|The study aims to draw up some options for a future policy in Belgium which will make possible sustainable use of the North Sea and explore the social and economic consequences of the various options by :
- Identifying the various use functions of the North Sea in Belgium and examining under what conditions one can arrive at an equilibrium between these different use functions so that a sustainable use of the North Sea becomes possible.
- Identifying the measures which are required in order to combat the negative effects of certain use functions with a view to protecting and, where possible, restoring the North Sea.
- Exploring, via models and case studies, the social and economic consequences of implementing specific top-priority measures to protect the North Sea.
- Placing the Belgian North Sea policy within the context of a dynamic development of the national, regional, European and international environmental policy with respect to the North Sea by comparing it with the policies of several neighbouring countries.