|| Institutes |
Period: August 2001 till December 2001
|| Top |
- Koninklijk Nederlands Instituut voor Onderzoek der Zee; NIOZ Yerseke, more, co-ordinator
- Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee (VLIZ), more
- University of Auckland, more
- Universitat de les Illes Balears, more
- Marine Biological Station (Universitetets Marinbiologiske stasjon i Drøbak); University of Oslo (UiO), more
- University of the Azores (UAC), more
- Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML), more
- Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Wetenschappen; Vakgroep Biologie; Onderzoeksgroep Mariene Biologie (MARBIOL), more
- European Commission; Fifth Framework Programme, more, sponsor
|This e-conference was intended to inventorise, synthesise and report the opinion of the European community (scientists, science programmers, funding agencies, decision-makers, managers, and the public at large) on three issues that are considered important for the development and application of marine biodiversity research:
- what are the main scientific problems, locally and on the European and global scale, and what is the knowledge required to understand and predict patterns of marine biodiversity in Europe?
- what is needed for the application of marine biodiversity research in management and protection of the marine environment?
- how must we organize marine biodiversity research in the changing Europe of tomorrow? theme 3