|| Institutes |
Status: In Progress
Thesaurus terms: Geochemistry; Microbiology; Soils
|| Top |
- Geodelft, more, contact
- Delft University of Technology; Kluyver Laboratory for Biotechnology, more, partner
- Delft University of Technology; Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, more, partner
- Murdoch University, more, partner
- Boskalis bv; Boskalis Dolman, more, partner
- HoHai University, more, partner
|With the SmartSoils® initiative, GeoDelft aims to modify the physical and mechanical properties of soil by influencing and speeding up the natural processes that in principle cause these changes. The microbiology, geochemistry and knowledge of micro- and nano structures play an important role in controlling the process. SmartSoils ® represents a paradigmatic change in geo-engineering due to the view that soil can now be made to order.
The other non-marine related partners are : Calcite PTY (Australia), Shell, Necso (Spain), Soletanche Bachy (France), Visser&Smit Bouw, Geotechnical Research Institute (Japan).