|Concerted Interuniversity Research Action "North Sea"|
|| Institute | Publication | Projects |
Dutch title: Interuniversitaire Geconcerteerde Onderzoeksactie "Noordzee"
Period: 1982 till 1993
|Child projects (7)
|| Top | Institute | Publication |
- Benthos in marine ecosystems and environmental pollution - Marine ecosystems; Pollution of Belgian coast waters and the estuary of the western part of the Scheldt, more
- Chemistry of the North Sea - Biogeochemical cycles of heavy metals in the North Sea; Atmospheric pollution by heavy metals above the North Sea and the evaluation of air-sea interaction processes: Material flux from the Scheldt estuary to the North Sea; Material input and transport through discharges, exploitation of sand and dredging, more
- Ecohydrodynamic study of the oceanic fronts - Modelling of oceanic fronts; Physical, chemical and biological measurements; Production comparisons; Ecohydrodynamical front modelling; Evaluation of front influences; Comparative hydrodynamic studies concerning various marine types, more
- Ecology and geochemistry of marine systems - Ecological functions; Biotransfers of stable pollutants; Geochemistry of heavy metal traces, more
- Marine geology - Sediment dynamics and morphodynamics; Seismic stratigraphy; Tithostratigraphy, more
- Microbiological study of basic processes which govern the circulation of organic matter in the marine and estuary environments, more
- Study of the lobster Artemia with regard to the improvement of its use in the foodchain as a source of food in aquaculture, more
|"Project Sea" was followed by two series of Concerted Research Actions (CRA) in marine sciences.
From 1977 to 1981, the Concerted Research Action "Oceanology" with a budget of 3,4 MEURO and from 1982 to 1993, the Concerted Interuniversity Research Action "North Sea" with a budget of 5,3 MEURO. These research actions which, unlike "Project Sea", had no central coordination system, promoted sustained research in a number of laboratories and facilitated the expansion and improvement of results already achieved.
|| Top | Institute | Projects |
- Coomans, A.; Heip, C.H.R. (Ed.) (1984). Geconcerteerde Onderzoeksacties Oceanografie: Progress Report 1983. Ecological and ecotoxicological studies of benthos of the Southern Bight of the North Sea. Programmatie van het Wetenschapsbeleid: Brussel. 201 pp., more