|| Institutes |
Period: 2004 till 2008
|| Top |
- Université Libre de Bruxelles; Faculté des Sciences; Laboratoire de physiologie et d'Agrotechnologie végétale (LAV), more, partner
- Procter & Gamble Eurocor N.V., more, co-ordinator
|The objective of the RISICO project is to develop analytical methods to predict the exposure to surfactant mixtures in sea-sprays and in marine sediments and their effects on coastal ecosystems.
The innovative aspects include the development and validation of
- specific analytical methods targeting surfactants in sea sprays,
- a radiotracer approach to characterize kinetics of surfactants biological uptake and subsequent metabolization in target marine organisms,
- insight into the bioavailability and sorption of surfactants in marine sediments,
- a microbiofilm in stratified oxic/anoxic sediments to identify recalcitrant metabolites, and
- new standardized ecotoxicity tests for marine sediments.