|| Institute |
Reference no: 36961
Period: April 2007 till March 2011
Thesaurus terms: Adaptations; Climate change; Climate change; Economics; Economy; Economy; Impacts
Geographical term: Mediterranean Region [Marine Regions]
|| Top |
- Hellenic Centre for Marine Research; Institute of Oceanography, more, partner
|CIRCE aims at developing for the first time an assessment of the climate change impacts in the Mediterranean area.
The objectives of the project are:
- To predict and to quantify physical impacts of climate change in the Mediterranean area
- To evaluate the consequences of climate change for the society and the economy of the populations located in the Mediterranean area
- To develop an integrated approach to understand combined effects of climate change
- To identify adaptation and mitigation strategies in collaboration with regional stakeholders CIRCE wants to understand and to explain how climate will change in the Mediterranean area.