|| Institutes |
Period: 2004 till 2007
Thesaurus terms: Biodiversity; Climate change; Spatial planning
|| Top |
- Natural England, more
- Wageningen University and Research Centre; Alterra, more
- Conservatoire de l'Espace Littoral et des Rivages Lacustres, more
- Environment Agency (EA), more
- Provincie Limburg, more
- Tyndall Centre, more
- European Commission; Interreg III, more
- University of Oxford; School of Geography and the Environment; Environmental Change Institute, more
|Biodiversity must adapt to climate change. For many habitats and species, this will be difficult because the landscape across Europe is fragmented and past decisions limit the opportunities for adaptation.
Spatial planners must act now to create a landscape and coastline that can withstand the effects of climate change. BRANCH (Biodiversity Requires Adaptation in Northwest Europe under a CHanging climate) provides the guidance and evidence to take action.
An INTERREG IIIB funded project, BRANCH brought together planners policy makers and scientists from England, France and the Netherlands, to show how spatial planning could help biodiversity to adapt to climate change.