|| Institutes |
Period: March 2007 till 2010
Thesaurus terms: Erosion; Management; Sustainability
|| Top |
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas; Centro Internacional de Investigación de Recursos Costeros (CIIRC), more
- Deltares, more
- The Coastal Union (EUCC), more
- National Institute of Marine Geology and Ecology (GeoEcoMar), more
- HR Wallingford Ltd, more
- Polish Academy of Sciences; Institute of Hydroengineering (IBW PAN), more
- United Nations Environment Programme; Priority Actions Programme/Regional Activity Centre (PAP/RAC), more
- National University of Ireland Galway (NUI Galway), more
|CONSCIENCE aims to define a decision-making framework based on the concepts formulated by the EUROSION project, i.e. coastal resilience, coastal sediment cells, favourable sediment status and strategic sediment reservoirs.
Furthermore, the project is dedicated to develop these concepts into measurable standards, which can be evaluated in practice for any field situation, and to make these standards available to support ongoing European initiatives and Integrated Coastal Zone Management. As a result of its work, the project is producing guidelines and tools to enable an effective implementation in European coastal erosion management.
CONSCIENCE started in March 2007 and will be completed early 2010.