|| Top | Datasets |
- Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee (VLIZ), more, co-ordinator
- Mees, Jan
- Hernandez, Francisco
- Vandepitte, Leen
- Deneudt, Klaas
- Claus, Simon
- Goffin, Annelies
- Vanhoorne, Bart
- Mortelmans, Jonas
- Dekeyzer, Stefanie
- Knockaert, Carolien
- Waumans, Filip
- Declerck, Joram
- Vlaamse overheid; Beleidsdomein Leefmilieu, Natuur en Energie; Instituut voor Natuur- en Bosonderzoek (INBO), more, partner
|This project comprises the Flemish contribution to Lifewatch.eu: a Flemish marine, terrestrial and freshwater biodiversity observatory, models and data systems, including a central taxonomic backbone, for LifeWatch.
LifeWatch was established as part of the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructure (ESFRI). It is a distributed virtual laboratory and will be used for biodiversity research, for climatological and environmental impact studies, to support the development of ecosystem services and to provide information for policy makers in Europe. This large European infrastructure will consist of several biodiversity observatories, databases, web services and modeling tools. It will be integrating the existing systems, upgrading them were possible and developing new systems where needed.
The construction of the LifeWatch infrastructure started in January 2012. As the LifeWatch European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) is being shaped, several of the participating countries started constructing the central and regional components.
Flanders is contributing to the central LifeWatch components with a taxonomic backbone, and to the regional components with marine, terrestrial and freshwater observatories, several biodiversity data systems, web services and models. The Flemish contributions to the LifeWatch infrastructure will be coordinated by the Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ) and the Research Institute for Nature and Forest (INBO).
|| Top | Institutes |
- LifeWatch observatory data: CTD temperature and salinity measurements in the Belgian Part of the North Sea, more
- LifeWatch observatory data: genetic data in the Belgian Part of the North Sea, more
- LifeWatch observatory data: long term collections of macrobenthos in the Belgian Part of the North Sea, more
- LifeWatch observatory data: nutrient, pigment, suspended matter and secchi measurements in the Belgian Part of the North Sea, more
- LifeWatch observatory data: phytoplankton observations in the Belgian Part of the North Sea, more
- LifeWatch observatory data: zooplankton observations in the Belgian Part of the North Sea, more