|Marine ecosystems functioning|
|| Institute |
Reference no: P101/1942211070
Thesaurus terms: Food webs; Models; Phytoplankton; Plankton; Zooplankton
|| Top |
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel; Faculteit Wetenschappen; Vakgroep Biologie; Laboratorium voor Ecologie en Systematiek (ECOL), more, co-ordinator
|The scientific project includes 4 aspects:
- The analysis of the different components of the particulate matter in suspension
- The study of the ecological role of the diurnal rhythm of the zooplankton affecting the composition of the phytoplankton.
- The study of the main factors affecting the different functioning of marine ecosystems: theprimary production-dtritus system on one hand, and the food chain system on the other hand.
- A general mathematical model of the relations phyto-zooplankton.The basic analyses which have to be performed are using the HPLC and the Coulomat asequipments. The Industrial Ingeneer, Mrs Marcia Bogaert, who is running this equipment since 10 years is strictly needed for this purpose. Her contract ends on 31/12/94.