|Sublittoral ecology of marine algae on the North Wales coast|Smith, R.M. (1967). Sublittoral ecology of marine algae on the North Wales coast. Helgol. Wiss. Meeresunters. 15(1-4): 467-479. dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01618643
In: Helgoländer Wissenschaftliche Meeresuntersuchungen. Biologische Anstalt Helgoland: Hamburg. ISSN 0017-9957, more
|Also published as |
- Smith, R.M. (1967). Sublittoral ecology of marine algae on the North Wales coast, in: Kinne, O. et al. (Ed.) (1967). Vorträge und Diskussionen. Erstes Europäisches Symposion über Meeresbiologie = Papers and discussions. First European Symposium on Marine Biology = Rapports et discussions. Premier symposium européen sur biologie marine. Helgoländer Wissenschaftliche Meeresuntersuchungen, 15(1-4): pp. 467-479. dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01618643, more
|Available in|| Author |
|Document type: Conference paper|
1. Diving work carried out between April 1964 and July 1966 on the North Wales coast (Anglesey) showed that the west coast stations A and B could be divided into four distinct sublittoral regions, the east coast station showed a more irregular distribution of the flora.
2. The four distinct regions were: TheLaminaria forest, the rock below theLaminaria zone, the bed of loose stones supporting algae in summer, and the bed of sand supportingLaminaria saccharina.
3. The distribution of algae at station C was more dependant upon the local topography of the boulders making up the sea bed.
4. There was a difference between the fruiting periods of algae growing at a great depth and in the shallow water.