||- IMIS: Integrated Marine Information System -
|Personen | Instituten | Publicaties | Projecten | Datasets | Kaarten
|Meer:|| Instituten | Publicatie | URLs |
Overkoepelend project: Research action SPSD-II: Second scientific support plan for a sustainable development policy, meer
Referentie nr.: OA/23
Periode: December 2004 tot December 2006
|| Top | Publicatie | URLs |
- ARCADIS; ARCADIS Belgium nv; Ecolas, meer
- EURAS: European Centre for Risk Assessment bvba, meer
- Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Rechtsgeleerdheid; Vakgroep Internationaal Publiekrecht; Maritiem Instituut, meer
- DNV: Det Norske Veritas, meer
- VLIZ: Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee, meer
- BELSPO: Federaal Wetenschapsbeleid, meer, financier
|[ kaartje ]
MIMAC is a 2-year cluster project (01/2005 - 12/2006) executed by five Belgian partners, Ecolas NV (Environmental Consultancy Agency), EURAS, Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ), Laboratory of Environmental Toxicology and Aquatic Ecology (University of Gent) and the Maritime Institute (University of Ghent) and one international partner, Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
The cluster is financed by the SPSD II research program, supporting actions, of the Belgian Federal Science Policy Office.
The cluster brings together two projects: RAMA (Risk analysis of marine activities in the Belgian part of the North Sea) and DIMAS (Development of an integrated database for the management of accidental spills).
Both projects are focused on different aspects of marine accidents. The first project deals with the analysis of the risks and hazards related to shipping, the potential environmental impact of spills and the development of recommendations for improvement of existing contingency plans. The second project aims at developing a database of priority contaminants relevant in case of marine accidents and spills, amendable for interpretation, providing reliable, easy to interpret and up-to-date information on marine specific issues. The most important parts will be the direct and indirect effects on marine biota and the data quality assessment of existing information.
The cluster aims at giving both projects added value by exploiting the complementarities of the issues which are dealt with in each of the separate projects.
|| Top | Instituten | URLs |
- Volckaert, A.M.; Le Roy, D.; Vangheluwe, M.; Versonnen, B.; Arijs, K.; Maes, F.; Calewaert, J.-B.; Mees, J.; Fockedey, N.; Claus, S.; Janssen, C.R. (Ed.) (2006). Marine Incidents Management Cluster (MIMAC): Research in the framework of the BELSPO Supporting Actions - SPSDII. MIMAC 2006: International Conference on Marine Incidents Management, Brugge, Belgium, 19-20 October 2006 VLIZ Special Publication, 34 Belgian Science Policy/Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee: Oostende. V, 83 pp., meer