Joint Call OCEANERA-NET
OCEANERA-NET is a European network which aims to coordinate the funding programmes between European countries and regions to support research and innovation in the ocean energy sector (i.e. Wave Energy, Tidal Energy, Tidal and Ocean Currents, Salinity Gradient and Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion).
The first OCEANERA-NET joint call has been launched on 23 October 2014 with a total budget of 7 million euros. The deadline for pre-proposals online submission is scheduled on 18 December 2014. This first call aims to enable collaborative RTDI projects addressing the following topics:
- Develop standardised approaches/methods/ tools for ocean energy site characterisation and project and array/park planning.
- Modelling and design of components, systems, sub-systems and devices for ocean energy technologies taking into account manufacturing, installation, operation, maintenance, and environment requirements.
- Development and testing of critical components for delivering reliable, sustainable and high-performance ocean energy generation.
- Demonstration and validation of technological developments in a real sea environment.
- Design and development of tools and solutions for the technological advancement and optimisation of components, devices and arrays/parks.
More information: http://www.oceaneranet.eu/pages/joint-calls-8.html