The main deliverables of the current project are:
Research results and delivrables
The execution of the project should lead to the following exploitation of the results:
- A geographically identified description (location, intensity) of current human activities that pose a risk to the environment (with a focus on shipping activities).
- A detailed description (location, intensity) of the shipping activities (type of vessels, cargo, routes,…).
- A detailed analysis of possible incidents.
- A sensitivity analysis of the marine and coastal area's.
- A ranking of the risks posed by human activities studied both by probability of occurrence as by their potential impact.
- A set of criteria for classification of risks an application of these criteria to be identified incidents.
- An evaluation of the existing contingency plans including recommendations for improvement.
- Information of policymakers at different levels (country, province, regional end federal) of the most important actual risks of the existing human activities at sea.
- Improvement of the contingency plan 'North Sea Disaster Plan'.
- The results might form an input for re-evaluation of current compensation, liability and insurance methods.
- Final project report (pdf, 723 KB)
- Final project report, annexes (pdf, 2,707 KB)
- Annex 6.1.: Examination and proposals for improvement of existing contingency plans (pdf, 660 KB)
General coordination: Bart De Wachter
Web site and databases hosted by VLIZ