Help:Basic setup, rules and guidelines
Uit Kust Wiki
Versie door Caitlin op 16 feb 2007 om 12:21
- Keep it as short as possible
- Note: If you need to change your title do it before editing; otherwise use ‘Move Page’ function.
- Concise lead section or introduction
- 1-4 paragraphs long
- Do not write ‘introduction’ as a heading – just write the paragraph at the start of article.
- Put your main text in this section.
- Provide relevant context (policy, practice, science).
- Consider important interactions with other components of the coastal system.
- Manual: tells you how to produce links, emphasise text, lists, headlines etc.
- Link to other relevant coastal wiki articles.
- Don’t enter into details if good references and links to detailed information are available.
- Article length – between a few hundred to a few thousand words.
- Other tips:
- Separate major sections of article with section headlines.
- Use heirachial heading structure
- Box text for effect
- Define terms
- Add relevant images or graphics, tables
- Use analogies and comparisons to illustrate
- For references used in article
- Type <references/> to generate automatic reference list
- Link to related WIKI articles – search the database to see what’s out there.
- Link to resources and information already available (but only if not copyright).
Don't forget authorship: Author: Authors name(s), affiliation, date, email(opt).