The topic of climate impacts is part of Encora Theme 5. Climate change is expected to impact upon ICZM for many years to come through accelerated sea level rise and changing storm patterns. These will result in increased coastal flooding, erosion and long term geomorphological change, as well as ecosystem change.
Below is a collection of selected articles related to climate change.
- Intergovernmental Panel Climate Change Fourth Assessment Report (2007)
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- EU and European climate research and reports
- European Climate Change Program II
- Kyoto Protocol
- Practices and policies relating to climate change
- Greek case studies: The implications of the expected sea level rise on the low lying areas of continental Greece in the next century
- Effect of climate change on coastline evolution
- Coast and beach management recommendations for climate change
- Sea level rise, extreme weather events and erosion