Uit Kust Wiki
Low, wet, muddy area periodically or continuously flooded by brackish or salt water to a shallow depth, usually characterized by grasses and other low plants (but not trees); land transitional between terrestrial and aquatic systems where saturation with water is the dominant factor controlling plant and animal communities and soils..
Salt marsh is a key habitat of transitional waters lying at the interface between the land and the sea, depending on, and periodically covered by tidal sea water.
- Salt marshes
- Birds Directive, Habitats Directive, NATURA 2000
- Natural variability in Coastal Ecosystems#Salt marshes
- Salt marsh on Wikipedia
- CoPraNet glossary 
- Chapman, V.J., 1960. Salt Marshes and Salt Deserts of the World. London: Leonard Hill Limited, 392p.
- Chapman, V.J., 1977. Wet Coastal Ecosystems. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 440p.
- Chapman, V.J., 1997. Coastal Vegetation. New York: Pergamon Press, 292p.