|EFARO is an association composed by the Directors of the main European Research Institute involved in the Fisheries and Aquaculture research and the Directorate General "Fish" of the European Union. It was founded under a consensus agreement.
Since its beginning, EFARO objectives have been :
- to stimulate cooperation on fisheries and aquaculture science through better information of the partners about their new research projects,
- to better exchange between EU and relevant European research organisms,
- to inform partners about new initiatives and new national strategies,
- to avoid undue competitions in research activities between partners,
- to share tools and means situated in common geographic areas and/or of common thematic interest.