Dutch name: Research group Agro-food Marketing and Consumer Behavior|
Parent institute: Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Bio-ingenieurswetenschappen; Vakgroep landbouweconomie (UGent), more
Thesaurus term : Marketing research
Coupure Links 653
Tel.: +32-(0)9-264 59 27
Fax: +32-(0)9-264 62 46
|The research group Agro-food Marketing and Consumer Behavior of the Agricultural Economics department (Ghent University) was founded in 2001 and focuses on the marketing challenges associated with agriculture production and its resulting agricultural and food products in Belgium, Europe and abroad. Within this context, consumer behaviour is always the starting point. Furthermore, the laboratory deals with research questions regarding the role and impact of personal, product and environmental factors (such as communication and labelling) on the opinions, perceptions, attitudes and choices of consumers.
The focus on consumer behaviour, with respect to fish and fishery products, is a result of the cooperation within the EU Sixth Framework (FP6) Project SEAFOODplus (2004-2008). Subsequently, the research group focused on the consumer perception of fish and fisheries products, the impact of communication and labelling, and the balance between health, safety, sustainability and price from the consumers’ point of view. The research topics can be summarised as follows:
- Consumer acceptance of technological innovation in the food chain;
- Trends and changes in food choices;
- Impact of ethical and sustainability considerations of consumers and citizens;
- Impact of communication and labelling on the food choice;
- Perception of safety, health and sustainability of food and food production.
The research group participated in several European research consortia (FP6 and FP7) dealing with consumer behaviour with respect to food and collaborates intensively with Norwegian (NOFIMA and University of Tromsø) and Danish (Aarhus University and DTU) institutes.
|| Top | Person |
- Integrated evaluation of marine food products: nutritional value, safety and consumer perception, more
- Marine@Ugent: UGent Marine Sciences Center of Excellence, more
- SEAFOODPLUS: Health improving, safe seafood of high quality in a consumer fork-to-farm concept, more