|| Institutes |
Status: In Progress
Thesaurus terms: Aquaculture; Education; Fisheries
|| Top |
- Universiteit Gent; Faculteit Bio-ingenieurswetenschappen; Vakgroep Dierlijk Productie; Laboratorium voor Aquacultuur en Artemia Reference Center (ARC), more, partner
- University of Algarve (UALG), more, partner
- University of Bergen (UiB), more, partner
- Wageningen University and Research Centre; University of Wageningen, more, partner
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), more, partner
- University College Cork (UCC), more, partner
- Universiteit Gent (UGent), more, partner
|The International programme is based on an existing and expanding network of universities and research institutions in Europe and worldwide. The Masters Programme is coordinated by the Ghent University, Belgium.
The core partners of the Consortium are teaching and research institutions with international reputation in aquaculture and fisheries. These universities share a similar mission, academic interest and research focus. This consortium of Universities has agreed to launch a new "European Master of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries" programme as of the academic year 2004-2005, in parallel to the local programmes offered at the partner universities.
The new "European Masters of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries" programme will enable students to benefit from leading competence in various fields of aquaculture and fisheries science as a result of the complimentary expertise of the core partners and satellites.
Their specialized research facilities guarantee up-to-date science in close cooperation with other research institutes as well as with the aquaculture industry (farms and companies).