|Coordination of national and regional marine RTD activities in Europe|
|| Institutes |
Period: 2004 till 2008
|| Top |
- Institut Français de Recherche pour l'Exploitation de la Mer (IFREMER), more, co-ordinator
- European Marine Board (EMB), more, partner
- Belgian Science Policy (BELSPO), more, partner
- Vlaamse overheid; Beleidsdomein Economie, Wetenschap en Innovatie; Departement Economie, Wetenschap en Innovatie (EWI), more, partner
|MarinERA is a project funded by the ERA-Net Scheme of the EU FP6 (2004-2008).
MarinERA is a partnership of the leading Marine RTD Funding Organisations in 13 European Member States (coordinated by IFREMER and managed by the Marine Board -ESF). In addition, a range of Observers (networks, funding agencies, ministries and other ERA-Net) are associated with the project.
The MarinERA project main objectives are to:
- Map European marine RTD programmes and specialised infrastructures, facilitating the creation of an internal market and quantifying the existing European marine research capacity.
- Facilitate the networking of Marine RTD funding agencies in the European Union, leading to a more cost effective and efficient use of Member State resources including scientific personnel, specialist infrastructures and planned investments.
- Contribute to the development of a European marine research policy, by identifying future scientific challenges.
- Provide a basis for the sharing of available resources to address priority issues which are beyond the capacities of individual Member States.
- Progress the reciprocal opening of Member State Marine RTD Programmes.