English name: COSMOPOLIS Centre for Urban Research|
Parent institute: Vrije Universiteit Brussel; Faculteit Wetenschappen; Vakgroep Geografie (VUB), more
Tel.: +32-(0)26 29 37 41
Fax: +32-(0)26 29 33 78
|COSMOPOLIS of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) is an interdisciplinary research team focusing on the contemporary ‘urban question’. It explores the processes of ‘glocalisation’ (globalisation and localisation) and the relationship between urbanity, society and culture. COSMOPOLIS looks at cities from both a research- and a design-perspective.
The marine research focuses on solutions for environmental contrasts in coastal areas and analyses of conflicts of uses of coastal resources amongst users and sectors.
|| Top | Persons |
( 2 peer reviewed ) split up filter
- Canters, F.; Vanderhaegen, S.; Khan, A.Z.; Engelen, G.; Uljee, I. (2014). Land-use simulation as a supporting tool for flood risk assessment and coastal safety planning: the case of the Belgian coast. Ocean Coast. Manag. 101(Part B): 102-113. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2014.07.018, more
- Portman, M.E.; Esteves, L.S.; Le, X.Q.; Khan, A.Z. (2012). Improving integration for integrated coastal zone management: an eight country study. Sci. Total Environ. 439: 194-201. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2012.09.016, more
- Khan, A.Z.; Le, Q.X.; Corijn, E.; Canters, F. (2013). Introduction: sustainability in coastal urban environment, in: Khan, A.Z. et al. (Ed.) Sustainability in the coastal urban environment: thematic profiles of resources and their users. pp. 21-34, more
- Le, Q.X.; De Munter, K.; Crols, T.; Khan, A.Z.; Corijn, E. (2013). Sustainability in coastal urban environment: identifying resources and users in Belgian case study areas, in: Khan, A.Z. et al. (Ed.) Sustainability in the coastal urban environment: thematic profiles of resources and their users. pp. 109-146, annex, more
- Le, Q.X.; Khan, A.Z.; De Munter, K.; Corijn, E. (2013). Coastal urban environment: a synoptic view of resources and users across cases, in: Khan, A.Z. et al. (Ed.) Sustainability in the coastal urban environment: thematic profiles of resources and their users. pp. 35-60, annex, more