A VLIZ membership is for anyone fascinated by marine sciences and with a healthy interest in all that the seas and the ocean have to offer. Moreover, do you want to stay informed and be actively involved in VLIZ? Then a VLIZ membership is something for you.
The annual membership fees are invested by VLIZ in The Sea as a Good Cause. So, as a VLIZ member, you contribute to research projects and grants that benefit the seas and ocean.
As a VLIZ member, you are kept informed of the various activities and results within the Flemish and Belgian marine science research landscape. Representatives from the business world and government institutions can, through their membership, also use the VLIZ's key position as well as the network of relations VLIZ has developed to promote collaboration with marine and maritime researchers. In addition, teachers, nature guides and nature associations can benefit from high-quality and customized literature and activities.
Members receive a membership card and enjoy these advantages:
- free participation in the VLIZ members' day where you will be informed in first line about the VLIZ realisations
- a sustainable end-of-year gift
- the magazines De Grote Rede, Zeekrant and Testerep (online)
- VLIZ philanthropy Annual Report for Donors
- 10% discount on the Sea&Science collection during VLIZ events
A VLIZ membership can be for one person or for a family with partner and children joining. Students enjoy a preferential rate. Becoming a member with your company or research group is also possible through an institutional membership. Membership fees are:
- 10 EUR for student members
- 30 EUR for individual members
- 40 EUR for a family membership
- 100 EUR for institutional members