Oceanography is booming worldwide. With UNESCO declaring 2021-2030 as the Decade of the Ocean, the importance of the ocean will increase and its unique role will be mapped. Are you passionate about marine research and innovation? Are you willing to work in an international context? Then strengthen this exciting organisation in expansion with your expertise!
VLIZ operates according to four core values: enthusiastic commitment, open service, outstanding professionalism and integrity. We strive for a good work-life balance and sustainable employment.
The VLIZ highly values equal opportunities and diversity. You are recruited on the basis of competencies. People's qualities are decisive, regardless of gender, religion, skin colour, age, sexual preference or disability. We are open to specific needs of employees in the workplace so that they can use their talents without restrictions. We eliminate all bias in recruitment to give equal opportunities to all candidates. The VLIZ honours relevant experience.
Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ) is regularly looking for new colleagues with areas of expertise such as:
- Master's or PHD degree in sciences, applied sciences, engineering or environmental sciences
- International marine courses such as IMBRSea, Oceans & Lakes, TROPIMUNDO
- Administrative profiles for finance, HR, project management
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, bioinformatics or equivalent through experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in industrial sciences, or equivalent through experience (electromechanics, electronics, ...)
- The VLIZ publishes all open vacancies on the Vacancies page. Unfortunately, it is not possible to respond to spontaneous applications